Ohio Insurance Licensing and CE Courses
Insurance School of Ohio, Approved Cont. Ed. Provider #1170
- Finish ALL 24 Hours Approved Ohio Insurance CE to maintain your OH Insurance License! (Including Required Ethics)
- Final Exam Online or on Paper!
- Pay only for the hours you need!
- All of the Ohio Insurance Continuing Education Requirements are covered!
- No time wasted from your job, driving to and from a classroom or seminar!
- Finish in one afternoon, if you wish, from the comfort of your own home or office!
- Over 3,000,000+ insurance CE courses completed across the U.S. since 1974 with our insurance school!
- 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee!
- Select your Ohio insurance CE courses below
State Of Ohio Department Of Insurance Requirements
- Effective January 1, 2011, Ohio resident insurance agent licensees will be required to complete a minimum of 24 hours of CE every 2 years including 3 hours of Ethics training.
- CE Due Dates are at the End of Agents’ Birth Month
- Requirements for Agents who hold a Property, Casualty, Personal Lines, Accident & Health or Life License: Persons holding one or more of the above lines of authority are required to complete 24 hours of approved continuing education, 3 of which must be approved as ethics specific, prior to renewing their license.
- The following classes of agents are exempt from continuing education requirements:
Persons holding a limited authority license
Non-resident agents in compliance with the continuing education requirements of their home state
- Persons granted inactive status by the State Director of InsuranceExams are non-monitored with Affidavit of Personal Responsibility form completed and signed by the student. Each course exam has 10 questions for every hour the course is approved, as per OH-Insurance Dept., new regulations and these are in the Multiple-Choice Exam Style Questions (i.e. if the course is approved for 7 hours, then the course exam is 70 questions long)
- Courses are Intermediate Level.
- Courses are repeatable every renewal cycle.
- Ohio CE Carry Over – Effective February 1, 2016, Ohio has amended insurance Rule 3901-5-01(agent continuing education) to allow the carry-over of excess continuing education (CE) credits to the next renewal period. Up to 50% credit hours, which will amount to General CE credits.
- Course provider is responsible for reporting course completion to Sircon with $1/credit processing fee.
- A $100 late renewal fee will be assessed to all agents who fail to renew by their license expiration date, but submit a renewal application during the one month grace period .
- A $300.00 late renewal fee will be assessed to all agents who submit a renewal application within 11 months of their license being suspended
To Take Final Exam Online
- After completing and submitting exam online, a downloadable version of the Affidavit of Personal Responsibility form must be printed out from the computer which the exam was taken and signed.
- Online Final: Fax Your Test Affidavit and Get Results in Only 2 Hours!
- After Affidavit has been filled out and signed, please fax to 619-222-8593
- Upon receipt of the Affidavit, you will be given access to print out the certificate of completion for the course that was succesfully completed.
- Credits for completion for the course will be submitted by roster via email to appropriate state insurance department or credit processing firm.