Florida: P&C & CSR: 2020 Law & Ethics Update General Lines
2020 Law & Ethics Update General Lines
FLORIDA INSURANCE CE COURSE DESCRIPTION
This Florida Insurance Continuing Education online course follows the requirements from the Florida Department of Financial Services with respect to the annual 5-hour law and ethics update continuing education requirement for general lines agents. The course updates Florida law and regulations through the state’s 2020 legislative session. The essence of the law, laws and statutes is followed. This text is written in plain English as much as possible without losing the effect of the law.
Also covered are federal topics and pieces of legislation that should be of interest to general lines agents.
The course undertakes a study of ethical practices expected from Florida general lines licensees and a study of disciplinary and industry trends.
The learning objectives for this course are:
- Section One – To educate students on the state’s regulatory framework with regard to:
- regulatory awareness
- jurisdiction of duties and responsibilities
- licensing and other requirements
- Section Two – To introduce and explain new state legislation:
- Senate Bill 292
- House Bill 529
- Senate Bill 540
- House Bill 747
- House Bill 1189
- House Bill 1409
- Senate Bill 1606
- To offer a federal update on the insurance industry
- Section Three – To examine the ethical expectations of:
- licensees in their daily business activities
- following a code of ethics
- advertising guidelines
- unfair methods of competition and unfair or deceptive insurance trade practices
- insurance fraud
- Section Four – To analyze:
- enforcement actions against property and casualty licensees for violation of Florida law
- unauthorized insurance products and entities in Florida commerce
- new technologies and review present terminologies relevant to licensees
Course Level: Intermediate
Top Florida Insurance Professionals Prefer Relstone® For Insurance CE
- Rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau.
- 4,000,000+ courses completed across the U.S. since 1974!
- No annoying voice mail! Reach an experienced Insurance Continuing Education expert from 6am to 10pm PST.
- Our exams are simpler — with 40% to 80% fewer questions than other companies’ courses.
- If you don’t pass for any reason, take the exam again once (for up to one year).
Plus, we have a 30-day money back guarantee — and we’ll beat any school’s advertised price.
Questions about your license renewal? Our experts have an average of 21 years experience with insurance CE!
We’ve been the insurance CE choice for more than 45 years! Try us risk free.
Ethics Training – AL
Hours: 5 – CE05220 Law & Ethics Update