Florida: Law and Ethics Update for Public Adjusters (5-320)
2019 5-Hour Law and Ethics Update for Public Adjusters (5-320)
COURSE DESCRIPTION & LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
This Florida CE course follows the requirements from the Florida Department of Financial Services with respect to updating Florida law and regulations through December 31, 2018, as required for public adjusters. The essence of the laws, statutes, and regulations is followed. The course is presented in a plain English format wherever possible, rather than the formal and technical language of legal documents that is often difficult to understand. Still, the effect of the law is not lost.
The content refers to new laws enacted by the 2018 Florida Legislature. Discussions of insurance ethics for public adjusters, as well as insurance industry trends, constitute an important part of this update.
- Regulatory Awareness
- Jurisdiction of Duties and Responsibilities
- Licensing Requirements
- Florida Insurance Law and Updates
- Federal Update on the Insurance Industry
- Regulator and Ethical Requirements
- Codes of Ethics
- Unfair Methods of Competition and Unfair or Deceptive Acts
- Disciplinary and Industry Trends
- Recent Violations and Enforcement Actions in Florida
- Unauthorized Products and Entities Involved in Florida Commerce
- New and Other Important Terminology Applicable to Florida Licensed Insurance Professions
This course is directed at public adjusters.
Course Level: Intermediate
Ethics Training – AL
Hours: 5 – CE05320 Law & Ethics Update