Oregon: Insurance Laws in the US
Insurance Laws in the US
The legal implications of – and the laws that govern – agent or broker conduct.
After completing this course you will gain a lawyer’s perspective in the principles of agency; agency powers and limitations; waiver and estoppel; misrepresentations and warranties by agents or companies, and hundreds of other laws that serve to protect the interests of the insurance-buying public.
- Learn to spot unethical behavior by unscrupulous insurance companies or agents.
- Develop basic skills in properly filling out an insurance application, scheduling a medical examination, collecting advance premiums, etc.
- Gain insight to the legal implications of unethical agent, broker, or insurance company conduct.
Major Subjects Covered
- Knowledge of Agent as Imputed to the Company.
- Representations and Acts of Agent or Company.
- Misrepresentations and Warranties Generally.
- Authority of Agents for the Company.
- Types and Powers of Agents.
Course Level: Intermediate
Hours: 10 Life, Accident and Prop/Casualty