California Insurance CE: Annuity 4-Hour Training
Primary Uses of Annuities, Types of Annuities, & the Senior Market
This California Insurance Continuing Education course provides an in-depth examination of the development of Annuity products and the Senior Market. Emphasis is placed on annuity comparisons and contract provisions as well as annuity sales in California.
This course provides a wealth of information regarding annuities, including development and comparisons of annuities. This online course is a good source of information both for those new to annuities as well as a great review for those who are more experienced in the field.
California Annuities Course Objectives
At the conclusion of this course, students will
- Undestand annuity contract provisions and how benefits are determined
- Understand qualified plans for annuity and their primary uses
- Understand the primary uses and types of annuities
- Understand investment concerns of seniors
- Be aware of annuities and other financial products available to seniors
- Understand issues of buyer competency
- Understand issues of annuity product ethics and compliance
Major Insurance CE Subjects Covered
- The Development of Annuity Products
- Annuity Comparisons
- Insurer Advertising Responsibilities
- Annuity Contract Provisions
- The Senior Market
- Annuity Sales in California
In addition, Assembly Bill 689 became effective January 2, 2012. The bill added Sections 10509.910 through 10509.918, Suitability Requirements for Annuity Transactions, to the CIC, part of which states that an insurance producer may not solicit the sale of an annuity product unless he or she has adequate knowledge of the product to recommend it and the producer is in compliance with the insurer’s standards for product training. Producers may rely on insurer provided product specific training standards and materials to comply with the product specific training requirement.
Please note that AB 689 does not change the annuity training requirements which are stated in Section 1749.8 of the CIC. The annuity product specific training is a separate requirement from the eight-hour and four-hour annuity training noted above.
This course has been approved to meet California’s four-hour training requirement.
Why RELSTONE® is the Choice of California’s Top Insurance Agents and Adjusters
- Rated as “Five-Star Service” by our students
- 4,000,000+ courses completed across the U.S.
- No annoying voice mail! Reach an experienced Insurance Continuing Education expert from 6am to 10pm PST.
- Questions about your license renewal? Our experts have an average of 21 years experience with insurance CE!
Insurance Professionals Prefer Our CE Courses!
- Our exams are simpler — with 40% to 80% fewer questions than other companies’ courses.
- Our customers report: “Your course was easy to complete.” “The materials were well organized and well written.” Read Customer Reviews.
- If you don’t pass a final exam for any reason, there is no penalty. You may take the exam again once (for up to one year).
Hours: 4 Annuity Training